- Student Activities
- ECO Club
- Eco club is a platform in which we got the knowledge about environment. The meaning of an eco club in a group who works to contribute clean and green environment. They offer programs and activities to encourage others to reduce pollution, plant saplings, and more.
- Eco club or green club is a voluntary group which promotes the participation of students in learning about, and improving their environment.
- A green club can thus help to extend boundaries and scope of the formal educational system encouraging creativity, and improving students for constructive action.
- Eco Clubs play an important role in creating environmental awareness amongst the future generation.
The activities under the scheme include:
- Motivate the students to keep their surroundings green and clean by undertaking plantation of saplings.
- Promote ethos of conservation of water by minimizing the use of water.
- Motivate students to imbibe habits and life style for disposing the domestic waste to the nearest storage point, further can be used as manure and composite.
- Educate students to create awareness amongst public and sanitary workers, so as to stop
- the burning of plastic waste which causes respiratory diseases
- Growing of more trees in colleges, at home and in all available spaces
- Cleanliness campaign and maintaining hygiene and clean the environment/surroundings.
- Emphasizing on the concepts of “No Plastic and Polythene materials”.
- “Seeds to Table” concept that involves growing and eating our food straight from the field.
ECO CLUB PLAN OF WORK 2017-18
||Cleaned the field
||Ploughed and mowed the field
||Sowed the seeds(Brinjal, lady’s finger, bitter guard)
||Germination of seeds