- Department Of Chemistry
DEPARTMENT OF CHEMISTRY
Department of chemistry was started in the year 2015-16. The department works diligently and faithfully to perform the teaching tasks to provide qualified graduates, practically and scientifically to service the community.
The department offers UG degree program that prepares students for a variety of careers in the biological, medical, environmental fields, in research and development in industrial and government laboratories. The curriculum of the program includes the following core subjects that introduce students to the principles of chemistry: general chemistry, organic chemistry, inorganic chemistry and analytical chemistry and general physics and mathematics as allied subjects.
- To create an academic environment which promotes the intellectual and professional developments of students and faculty.
- To create a favourable chemistry learning environment
- To foster a better experimental learning of chemistry
- To help students for developing their professional career and contributing their knowledge and technology to society.
- To promote chemical sciences for healthy life through green chemistry
- The department activities are carried out through the club QUARTZ . The Quartz club organizes guest lectures, seminars, workshops, intercollegiate competitions and industrial visits.
- The department of Biochemistry and Chemistry together organized a national conference on “ Recent advances in biological and chemical sciences” during February 2016.
- Quartz club organizes weekly activities such as poster presentation, model presentation, paper presentation and quiz for the students in order to excel in their academics.
There are various fields where a B.Sc chemistry graduate can utilize their talents. Some of the areas that offer jobs for a B.Sc degree holder include the following:
- Medical Research
- Manufacturing and Processing Firms
- Testing Laboratories
- Technical Journals
- Oil Industry
- Petroleum Companies
- Pharmaceutical Companies
- Power Generating Companies
- Research and Development Firms
- Agricultural Research Services
- Education Sector
- Forensic Crime Research
- Food Institutes
- Health Care Providers
- Industrial Laboratories
- Indian Civil Services